Admission to BlueWave Living
BlueWave Living aims to make the transition from a family home to a residential aged care home a positive experience, with dedicated care staff supporting residents to live as independently as possible.
At BlueWave Living, staff respect people’s needs and choices and take an individualised approach to care with an emphasis on healthy, active and positive living. Staff and nurses also recognise the importance of cultural, spiritual and physical differences and treat all BlueWave residents with dignity and respect.
For people interested in taking a tour of BlueWave Living, please contact the office on 4344 2599 to make an appointment.
The process of applying for admission to BlueWave Living is designed to be as simple as possible. However placement will depend on room availability and care needs.
For any applicants who BlueWave Living is unable to immediately accommodate, the organisation happily keeps the applicants information on the accommodation waiting list.
To be eligible for admission to BlueWave Living applicants must:
- Be assessed or in the process of being assessed by the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT)
- Have completed and/or submitted a Residential Aged Care Calculation of your Cost of Care (SA457) or Residential Aged Care Property Details for Centrelink and DVA Customers (SA485) to your pension provider (either Centrelink or Department of Veterans’ Affairs).
If you wish to apply for residential care at BlueWave Living you need to provide a copy of the following documentation:
- An up to date ACCR or Support Plan from the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT)
- A complete admission application form. Please click here to download a copy of the BlueWave Living admission form.
- The letter sent back to you from Centrelink or DVA outlining your income and assets and residential aged care fees. This letter can be obtained by completing the Residential Aged Care Calculation of your Cost of Care (SA457) or Residential Aged Care Property Details for Centrelink and DVA Customers (SA485) and sending to your pension provider.
To be eligible for admission to BlueWave Living you must first be assessed by your local Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT).
Your doctor or local hospital can refer you to an ACAT. The ACAT is usually based at a hospital or community centre and may include a doctor, nurse, social worker, physiotherapist or occupational therapist.
ACAT can help you decide which level of care you need. Assessments are a consultation between you and social workers who can then advise whether you are capable of living independently or require the support through an aged care facility such as BlueWave Living.
The Aged Care Assessment Team for the Central Coast can be contacted on 02 4304 0700.
New Sign Language Interpreting Service
From November 2020, older Australians who are deaf, deafblind, or hard of hearing, and who do not have access to interpreting services through aged care programs or the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), can access free sign language interpreting services for daily activities such as:
- family/social events
- moving/selling house
- dealing with agencies/advisors etc.
These services are available face-to-face and by video remote.
Sign language services for deaf consumers or consumers who are hard of hearing are available in:
- American Sign Language
- International Sign Language
- Signed English
Tactile signing and hand over hand interpreting is available for deafblind consumers.
Access these services
Clients will need to contact Auslan Connections in advance. Once registered you will receive a Department of Health booking code which can be used each time they book an interpreting service. Bookings can be made via the Auslan Connections website or by calling 1300 010 877.
Bookings should be made in advance when possible to ensure the availability of an interpreter.
My mum was cared for and loved at BlueWave for 3 months. Has the most caring and wonderful staff. My mums stay was short but she was very very happy here. I saw firsthand how the wonderful staff cared for the aged residents. Attention, entertainment, great food cooked on site. Highly recommend this place
My Dad was very well cared for over 10 years. Respected, entertained and well nourished. An example of caring professional staff at Blue Wave
Doing a great job. This has got to be one of the best Nursing Homes I’ve seen in a long time
What wonderful and enthusiastic staff. You are a blessing