Admission to BlueWave Living
The process of applying for admission to BlueWave Living is designed to be as simple as possible. However placement will depend on room availability and care needs.
- Be assessed or in the process of being assessed by the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT)
- Have completed and/or submitted a Permanent Residential Aged Care Request for a Combined Assets and Income Assessment to your pension provider (either Centrelink or Department of Veterans’ Affairs).
- An up to date Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) assessment
- A complete admission application form. Please click here to download a copy of the BlueWave Living admission form.
- The letter sent back to you from Centrelink or DVA outlining your income and assets and residential aged care fees. This letter can be obtained by completing the Assets Assessment Application Form and sending to your pension provider.
The Steps to enter an aged care home booklet.
The Steps to enter an aged care home booklet
- is designed for senior Australians, their families and carers, it guides them through the pathway to access care in an aged care home.
‘BlueWave Living is proud to be a smoke free facility’
The National Aged Care Advocacy Program
The National Aged Care Advocacy Program (NACAP) is funded by the Australian Government under the Aged Care Act 1997. It provides free, independent and confidential advocacy support and information to older people (and their representatives) receiving, or seeking to receive, Australian Government funded aged care services.
Advocacy services ensure that the rights of consumers are supported, and that they are empowered to make informed decisions about their care.
From 1 July 2017, the Older Persons Advocacy Network (OPAN) has been engaged to deliver the NACAP as a single national provider. OPAN delivers NACAP through its network of nine service delivery organisations across Australia. Each provides a nationally consistent model of independent advocacy, information and education focused on the rights of older Australians in need of care.
To speak to an advocate, call the National Aged Care Advocacy line on 1800 700 600 (free call) or visit the OPAN website
My mum was cared for and loved at BlueWave for 3 months. Has the most caring and wonderful staff. My mums stay was short but she was very very happy here. I saw firsthand how the wonderful staff cared for the aged residents. Attention, entertainment, great food cooked on site. Highly recommend this place
My Dad was very well cared for over 10 years. Respected, entertained and well nourished. An example of caring professional staff at Blue Wave
Doing a great job. This has got to be one of the best Nursing Homes I’ve seen in a long time
What wonderful and enthusiastic staff. You are a blessing